Re: Exhibits: Eisner: documenting the artistic process

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 07:57:21 PDT

> Because we have not developed strategies for documenting the
> artistic processes we lead our students through, we are playing
> catch-up to those teachers/administrators who are used to
> documenting on a daily basis.

I kept my digital camera with me when teaching. It became second
nature to shot pics of the entire process my students went through.
Parents and administrators might get into the classroom once in a
while, but they missed the joy of seeing what I observed. I got to
see the learning process from start to finished product. So I made
powerpoint presentations for staff meetings, parent conferences, etc.
Later I put the documented lessons on CD to share with other art
teachers. I urge you to document the visual process for others and
to help you remember what transpired. It is a helpful tool.
                                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703