Focus can change things...

---------

From: Carolyn McDonald (carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 05:59:08 PDT

If you've seen the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know" you know that
scientists tell us we can change events by what we focus on...here's
something for us to do to effect a change....

DEAR FRIENDS:

With only 35 days before the Presidential election,
I feel compelled to share this idea. I am an author,
activist, and former science writer. I enjoy the
intersection of physics and culture - never more
obvious than this fall.

AND WHAT TODAY'S MOST SAGE SCIENTISTS ARE SAYING IS
THAT WHEN WE FOCUS ON SOMETHING, WE ATTRACT MORE OFIT. SO WITH ONLY SIX
WEEKS LEFT, WE NEED TO FOCUS ON
WHAT WE REALLY, REALLY WANT. LET'S JOIN TOGETHER IN
THE "60
SECONDS A DAY FOR 6 WEEKS CAMPAIGN."

TO TURN THE TIDE NOW, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING
UNSTOPPABLE. WE NEED A CRITICAL MASS OF US TO STOP
RAILING AGAINST WHAT IS AND REACH FOR WHAT WE WANT.
WHAT DO WE WANT?

We want John Kerry as our next President. Give up
focusing on George Bush. We don't have to agree with
him or support him in any fashion. Instead, we have
to turn our thoughts now to something greater. We have
to do something unstoppable. In the legacy of Einstein
and all great thinkers, we have to harness the power
of our thoughts to get the outcome we desire in
November.

PARTICIPATE IN THE "60 SECONDS A DAY FOR 6 WEEKS
CAMPAIGN." IF ONLY 3 PERCENT OF THE U.S. POPULATION
TAKES 60 SECONDS TO DO THIS EXERCISE EVERY DAY, WE
CAN MAKE A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS: FOR 60 SECONDS EACH DAY
visualize John Kerry elected as our next President
of the United States. See the relief, the celebrations,
the excitement, and the sense of fulfillment all
across America. See yourself rejoicing with people
in your home, neighborhood, and workplace. See us all
rejoicing with people all over the world! See John
Kerry being sworn into office. Feel the hope, joy,
and gratitude. Feel it in your hearts. Believe it is
possible. And be sure to vote!

** Now, imagine John Kerry restoring greater
wellbeing in America.

** See people streaming back to work.

** See young students getting the support they need.

** Visualize our teachers, police officers, single
mothers, the mentally ill, and many others getting the
help they deserve.

** See our soldiers coming home to their families.

** Imagine our leaders establishing greater trust
and good will, earning the respect of other nations.

** See peace spreading across the world.

** See the Iraq conflict ending.

** Feel how good it will be for the environment to
be protected and renewed.

** See hope rising across the world in the hearts
and souls of those in need.

** See these pictures in your mind for 60 seconds
every day between now and November 2.

** Be grateful that you have the gift of
participating in shaping a greater country.

** Be grateful that you care.

Believe that all this is possible, --- and more!

Please vote!

PASS THIS ON TO SIX MORE PEOPLE: "60 SECONDS A DAY
FOR 6 WEEKS!"

---