RE: color changeables

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 15:28:05 PDT

I use them both and love them! So do the kids.
The difference is this:
Overwriters have 4 under colors and 4 over colors that can be used in any
combination of under/over colors. For example, you can write green over any of
the 4 under colors and it will turn green.
Changables have one "magic wand" that turns one color into another. For
example, yellow will always turn red. (Can't remember the exact color changes.
lol).
They are great for making layered patterns in marker- you don't have to use a
dark color on top of a light color, carefully color around small patterns, or
worry about the top color being altered.
We use them for a David Hockney landscape project and I plan on trying Judy's
African art project this year with fifth grade. They both now come in
classpacks.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Nnaell@aol.com =====
>Ok...I wanted to use overwriters for a project. I normally never use those
fancy markers but I ended up with a buch so I thought I might try them. I
could not get them to work!!! AM I stupid or do they just not work very well?
Also, how are changeables different from Overwriters? Maybe I should try
those instead. The thing is...those fancy markers tend to be very expensive
and run out quickly. You need a lot of them for a class!

>Any feedback on fancy-pants markers???

---