Hello Jill from New Zealand! - some Great Middle School Art

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 15:29:29 PDT

Greetings Jill in New Zealand!

Our friends in Australia seem to be doing quite well
too - well funded. I imagine that there aren't nearly
the discipline problems we hear about around here.
When art is truly valued, the kids value it more, too.
It just makes sense.

Many of us have enjoyed Jill's student art - now that
there are many new people, I thought I would post her
site again:
http://www.geocities.com/artroomroskill/homepage2.html

You will find some innovative project ideas. I really
like the "personal quilt" - a different kind of self
portrait....and so many other ones, too. Try the clay
birds project....sure to please.

Jill's site is linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm

It is always good to hear from you, Jill.

Judy Decker

--- JIm & JIll Hodgins <hdd@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>Visual arts are very HIGHLY regarded and in most
> schools extremely well funded and supported.
> we have worked hard at developing these enriching
areas of life.