Autobiographical Comics - great lesson (cartooning)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 13:01:05 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Kris Fontes sent me this great lesson idea.
Autobiographical Comics developed by Heather McAdams:
http://www.uic.edu/classes/ad/ad382/sites/Projects/P009/P009_first.html

Check out Heather McAdams'
http://www.uic.edu/classes/ad/ad382/sites/Projects/P009/P009_artists.html
Kids would get a kick out doing their own "Things that
make me go AAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Kris uses this lesson with 7th and 8th graders.

Lots of other good projects are on this site (use pull
down menu to explore).

If anyone does this Autobiographical comic lesson,
send in one student example for IAD.

Judy Decker