"New" on Artcyclopedia - Listing of American Artists - plus Dan Flavin (Light)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 08:26:30 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This is a relatively new feature on Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/nationalities/American.html

I say "new" because I was just there on the site a
week or so ago and American still was not listed.

I found it today thanks to Michael Gerrish. He has
introduced me to Dan Flavin - Installation artist
working with light.
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/flavin_dan.html
Check out the Dan Flavin Art Institute:
http://www.diacenter.org/ltproj/flavbrid/ - See
Exhibition images.... More to come on this artist from
Michael (in an upcoming Sketches newsletter - don't
want to share it all now -- smile). Note: Michael, I
am listing him on my own American Artist page.

More Installation Artists:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/media/Installation_Artist.html

Regards,

Judy Decker