Re: Teaching art is important to us then so is the politic that addresses it / Put away your hankies

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 08:25:59 PDT

Sharon Henneborn wrote:
> I want to agree that we need to be concerned that we hold our writings to what is making an impact on the teaching of art. Right to life is not appropriate discussion but the administrations education policy is appropriate to this list!

Thank You Sharon:
        For clarifying the need for political comments when it effects
education and the arts.
I could not agree with you more. It has also been said that, "all
politics are local". Since moving
to Albuquerque I have had the pleasure of meeting the Democratic
candidate for Congress. In a
major portion of his TV ads he says, "That teachers should be paid as if
they had the most
important job in the world, because they do." Richard Romero was an
teacher and a school
administrator. I've found my kind of politician. I suggest that every
member of ArtsEdNet
not only register and vote, but that they too find their own kind of
politician and do whatever
they can to get him or her elected. Remember, "all politics are local",
get involved and make
something happen.
                                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--