Re: Teaching art is important to us ....Yes ALL of us

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 08:13:03 PDT

Thank you Sharon,

I have saved your post Sharon. I am so glad you took
the time to write it.

We hear a lot about issues that relate to
education/art education in USA....

What are some issues around the world? How do you deal
with those in your classroom? What can we do to effect
changing attitudes and insure there will be jobs.

Are visual arts programs and funding being cut around
the world? Is this a global issue?

Visual Art is the one subject that has the BEST chance
of meeting the needs of At Risk students - yet
programs continue to be cut.

Best wishes with your presentations, Sharon. Let us
know what these young people think who are entering
the profession now.

Regards,

Judy Decker