(USA) Plan ahead...November 15 is America Recycles Day

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 06:08:34 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Cynthia G. posted this link to the Yahoo lists:
http://www.kid-at-art.com/htdoc/matchtmp.html

I know all of you --and your students- can think of
better (more clever) uses for the materials listed.

I just saw some wonderful creations using recycled
materials on the TAB Choice list.

I will add this link on the Art on a Thread ideas page
on IAD. Remember to send in your idea using recycled
materials. To be considered for the Fine Art Doll, you
need to send in one image.

USA members:

And on politics....Post all of the politcal stuff you
want - as long as you agree with me (chuckles).

Nothing anyone posts on this list is going to sway any
one's opinion from one candidate to the other. All
smart art teachers will vote for the candidate that is
most likely to support art education - and funding for
art education - and funding for schools. All Smart art
educators will vote for the candidate that is most
likely to insure our individual freedoms.

Get your 18 year old students registered to vote.
Today is deadline for mail in registration in Ohio.
Check dealines in your state. Maybe someone from your
election board will come into the school to help get
students registered to vote? Youth of today can make a
big difference. Let's all work to get their voices
heard. Too many adults just don't care anymore.

Stop reading now if this will offend you:

If you are going to discuss issues with your students
- make sure they hear BOTH sides.

For James - Why do so many men feel they have a "right
to choose" what a woman does? Doesn't she have a
"right to life" too? (please don't answer this to the
list....I just didn't save your post or email
address). The sun shines just as brightly here....

We do need to remember that there are 900 or so
members on this list -- from all corners of the globe.
The great majority are USA, though.

Regards,

Judy Decker