Sgraffito Decoration - Coil Vessels - from Justin Kramer (MS-HS)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 10:05:25 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Justin Kramer sent me some coil vessels with sgraffito
decoration. These were a BIG hit with the students and
their parents. This is also a GREAT way to teach about
ancient cultures (I guess I should put some links on
this lesson - will do that soon).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Justin-coil.htm
The different twist that Justin added was foil tooling
accents.

This lesson is linked from Middle School and High
School Lesson plans. I borrowed LeAnne EsCoffre's coil
lesson (already on the site).... added my own words of
wisdom and it is "good to go". No one holds copyright
to coil pots (smile). Thanks LeAnne for getting this
one started.

Justin - just let me know if I told any lies (grin).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/