(USA) Get your 18 year old students Registered to VOTE

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 12:21:01 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

You have in your classrooms right now the generation
of voters who can change things....I have been
"talking" with one list member today about this....We
"sing" the same song....We stand on the same soap box.

Find out the deadline dates in your state and get the
word out...make posters....what ever it takes.

How are YOU getting your students to think of the real
issues? How are you getting your students to think
about the consequences? the alternatives?

This is one thing that Sharon told me today (I know it
is OK to post it)

"My art teacher constantly challenged us with
questions. You could never tell where he stood but he
would never let us just accept the first thought we
had. He made up probe our opinions.

He was a good teacher.....I respected his teaching
skills"

Will you be remembered as a teacher who made your
students think? Art is the MOST important subject
because you CAN talk about things that really matter.

How many are joining me on my soap box today? This
does relate to ART EDUCATION...This post is not about
"politics". It is about freedom. Make your posters
now.

Judy Decker