Nylon Stocking sculpture a la Dale Chihuly! by Becky Thornton

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 11:54:09 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Becky Thornton has tried a new twist to her nylon
stocking sculpture lesson (This is the lesson that has
excited kids across the country after it was shared on
the art ed lists a few years ago).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middle23.html

Students made glass like pieces without the base -
Then all were assembled in one Dale Chihuly style
installation. See lesson plan for details and
photograph of two proud students.

I'm still mulling around on a Chihuly style bowl
idea....but the store where I used to be able to get
individual balloons is now closed.

Thanks for sharing Becky! I am sure this will be a big
hit, too. I just love seeing what folks are doing
different with this idea.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker