Re: art class cancellations

---------

From: Teresa Sheffey (Tsheffey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 09:51:23 PDT

I think it is a bigger problem. See the front page of the NAEA news
talking about Bush's No Child Left Behind Act and it's effect on the
arts. Principals (especially in minority areas) are emphasizing math and
science and cutting funds for art programs. 47% of principals expect the
cuts to continue in the future. It is somewhat scary and I hope doesn't
become a bigger trend.
Teresa in El Paso Tx

---