Pantomine a lesson?

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 04:12:29 PST

I've been experimenting with a new "toy" that many of you've had experience
with--of course, the name escapes me, but basically a tool which magnifies
a demonstration, projecting it to a large-screen television.

Yesterday I wanted to demonstrate colored pencil techniques to my seventh
graders. They were extremely chatty, so I began pantomining the lesson,
holding up colors, labeling what I was doing on the paper, and only very
rarely giving miniminal verbal instructions. They settled right down.
This went completely contrary to what I learned in my post-licensure art ed
program--have any of you every done something like this? It felt
outrageous--but really, really good that they were paying attention!
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---