Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Bunki Kramer's Eric Carle Insects-7th/8th

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 18:30:11 PST

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

I am curious Bunki, or anyone else, how one keeps the paper from buckling?
We are doing Bunki's bugs or Matisse still life paintings with papers that
we have created.
Problem is, some elements, like vases, are large and have a lot of paint,
etc., on them and even with gluing and putting weight on them overnight they
are curling.

HI. We painted right on the tissue paper. When dry the papers were a LOT
thicker and we ironed them flat. I put them under a big book overnight. We
had no problem with buckling or any curling. Maybe you might be using
thicker paper than we did. Toodles.....Bunki