Re: Kilns and suppliers

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 17:17:52 PST

Dale, It is good that you are searching for answers. When I started my current teaching positions the previous art teacher had just purchased a very high power electric kiln. It has all the bells and whistles. The only problem our schools outdated electrical wiring system doesn't have enough power to fire the kiln to its full potential. It has the capacity to get to 2300 degrees, but I can't get it to fire pass 2100 degree before it shuts itself off and it take a day to do that. So we do low fire.

Blessings,
Joe