Re: Need help for presentation

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 17:13:39 PST

I like the idea of a thematic approach...pick a period, and show visual art,a dramatic piece and music from that time period...sooooooo..if you were doing the 60's...you could show examples of pop art...and play selections from the musical Hair (now *that* would get their attention*chuckles*) which of course would be drama and music combined...and start a discussion...what could we teach the students about the 60's using these things as a vehicle of instruction? What objectives from the different disciplines could be taught using these as tools to teach with? Show how the other academic subjects could be brought in,too..history and language arts most predominately.
Most of all...have fun with it...make it the kind of presentation *you* would enjoy attending.
You will do wonderfully!!
~Samantha

---