roman emperor clothing ideas

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 11:25:42 PST

This is a personal request to help a struggling Latin Student (AKA, my
highschool age son...)
He has a Latin project to do and is going to attempt to make an Emperor's
clothing thing on one of the bendable wooden mannequins we use for figure
drawing? You know, the ones with ball joints, etc. This is a kid with almost
zero interest in art, and even less fine motor skills..... yikes! So
definitely I will be a part of this fashion experiment.
His project is on the clothing styles of ancient Rome. I thought he could
call it 'The Emperor's New Clothes' and dress one or two of these figures.
One will be a commoner and one will be an emperor. For humor extra points
he will leave one in undergarments and title it something similar to the
parable of the Emperor's New Clothes. If you have any instructions to make a
toga type deal and could share.....
It would sure save my weekend!
Thanks.

Cathy
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted. - Einstein"

---