Re: Need help for presentation

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 06:55:17 PST

Susie,
I have been thinking about sessions that worked for me in the past that
are rich in visual art concepts, easy preps, and draw from all the
disciplines participating.

Perhaps some observational drawing using items from each of their
disciplines with some coaching on how to approach the observing and
sketching. Camera equipment, fabric for drape, musical instruments and
some art supplies to choose from.

Show some prints that you could use in your art class that represent
each of the other disciplines. Perhaps with the prints form
cooperative teams who choose pairs of prints and write a Vin Diagram to
compare and contrast the pair of prints. I could see choosing a print
of a painted portrait or landscape beside a photograph of the same. If
you have time for only one perhaps a Degas stage scene and a photo of a
movie set in action

With these two activities they would get a hands on experience of what
you are covering in your discipline and draw from their interests and
skills. Team work is integral to each of these other disciplines.

>> Dear Group,
>> The other art teacher and I need to give some type of presentation at
>> our
>> next fine arts department meeting. This is high school. The fine
>> arts
>> department includes orchestra, band, drama and film. We were told it
>> could be on anything. We're stumped at what we can share that would
>> be of
>> interest to the other areas. My department head suggested a simple
>> art
>> project. Do any of you have any ideas.
>> susie

---