national board certification

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 08:25:12 PST

Grace posted," There's a 90% failure rate on first timers, which I didn't
take to heart the first time, and was SORELY disappointed when I didn't pass. "

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate. When I did it back in 97-the first time for art teachers, I believe, the pass rate was about 30%. It has risen steadily since then, probably due to all the networking, workshops, banking of scores, etc. "Back in the day" scores were not banked.

Good luck to whomever chooses to do it. It does need to be a conscious and intelligent choice for each individual according to his or her ability to handle the stress. It is worth it. Linda in NC

---