Re: Chicago, Nov. 5-8

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 07:47:03 PST

I am definitely going to Judy's workshop on literacy and the arts.
Fascinating topic. Maybe I can try to recap the highlights for everyone on
the list.
MaryAnn

10/23/03 6:13 AM: Renee.Berg@k12.sd.us ~ Renee.Berg@k12.sd.us ~

Judy, I would like to hear more about your research in the area of
expressive arts links to early literacy. I am trying to do some research on
reading in the content area and this would tie in nicely. With NCLB and as
our budgets get slimmer, the arts get cut. I am looking for research that
backs up the importance of the arts and what it does for our brains and how
it carries over into skills in other areas. If you could point me to any
research or articles to read I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Renee