Re: old porcelain clay

---------

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 07:15:31 PST

FOr the old dry clay, I brake it up with a hammer. It will get it to
smaller pieces. This will help it desolve in the water faster. You
also want to make sure that the clay is completely dry. This way the
clay will desolve as soon as it enters the water. You don't have to add
purified water. That is a misconception. It doesn't make a difference
with clay. In some cases you want to use purified water in glazes.
I am sure that you know the rest of the recycling process. If you are
unsure make sure to let me know

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> PicasoLovr@aol.com 10/26/03 03:51PM >>>
I received some old clay clay thats partially dried up, should I drill
holes
in it and add purified water and let it soak for a month in spackle
plastic
containers?
     I have tons of it and would like my K-2 kids to use it for
Christmas
projects.
                                    Sue in Florida

---