Re: Kilns and suppliers

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 02:50:33 PST

Olympic Kilns north of Atlanta is also in close proximity to
Tennessee-unless you're in West Tennessee! I have one at school and one at
home and have been very pleased with both. I have an oval kiln at home
which allows for large amounts of small objects or if you make larger
sculptures, it's terrific.

I have found Olympic very nice to deal with, and since they are close, I
didn't have to pay shipping charges, but this was 20 years ago.

Below is an e-mail I received today from the Georgia Clay listserv which
you might find helpful:

Sender: Gaclay-l-bounces@sodaglaze.com

Hi all,

I am looking to sell my bisque kiln. It is an Olympic model 2827 (specs
below). While it will fire to ^8, I have only ever fired it for bisque at
^06. The stainless steel jacket is tarnished a bit, but it is in excellent
operating order. It was rewired and received new elements a couple years
ago. It lists new for $1925. I am asking $1000. This is a manual kiln. I
am looking to step up to an automated (computerized) one.

Olympus 2827 Kiln

Inside diameter (12 sides): 28" (uses 26" shelves)
Inside height: 27"
Interior space: 10 cu. ft.
Maximum temp.: ^8
Circuit: 240 volts, 7 amps (requires 60 amp circuit breaker)

This kiln is built with 3" (instead of 2.5") thick brick for better
insulation and efficiency.

If interested, or if you have questions, please post me directly at
<bbuckner@sodaglaze.com>.

Cheers,
-Bill

billBUCKNER
<http://www.sodaglaze.com/>www.sodaglaze.com

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
                                            -Oscar Wilde

Hope this helps.

Judie J

---