Children's books on weaving and textiles

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 05:26:08 PST

Hi All,
 Here is some info on children's books on weaving and textiles. I was looking up info on the book Abuela's weave and found a lot more related items.

The first is a list of children's books about weaving etc. from a store in North Carolina called "The Woolery".
http://www.woolery.com/bookskids.html

Here are two pages that provide lesson ideas across the curriculum using the book "Abuela's Weave"

http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/curriculum/socialstd/grade3/Abuelas_Weave.html
(this is from Montgomery Public Schools)

http://www.leeandlow.com/pdfs/abuela.pdf
(here is A PDF form on the same book listing cross curricular applications and other resources)

http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/webzine/knapp1.htm

Enjoy,
Hope this helps,
 Christine Besack :)