Kilns and suppliers

---------

From: Dale (dtsafdie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 12:14:43 PDT

My principal told me yesterday that I should buy a new kiln. I have to pick one out immediately because our new building is being wired this coming week and I need to tell them right away (Monday or Tuesday!) what wiring and ducting I need. I know very little about kilns so I've been searching on the Internet. (Our library here in my small town is miniscule.)

I found a dealer called All Fired Up out of Charlotte, NC who ships to Tennessee. The prices look incredible. Has anyone dealt with this company? The site says they have been operating for 25 years.

I have 630 students this year, K-8. I want to have a kiln capacity to get their work fired quickly. Do any of you have recommendations for kilns, including size (volume as well as number of sides?).

I appreciate any advice you all can give me.

Dale in TN

---