memories of BIG failures

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 10:20:22 PDT

Yup where would we be with out those life experiences?

Some things I have learned... Don't store 1/2 finished reed woven baskets
in large trash bags over a ling holiday. ( grew mold) 1980

Take a piece of plaster strip out first and wrap a wet bit on a
finger...and time... some boxes come "bad" That year there were ten
students laying for nearly 8- minutes.. just waiting for the masks on their
faces to set... ( Oh my goodness I can remember this like yesterday) 1985

These stick out in my mind....

Oh yes, and the time the assistant superintendent was visiting my class and
the kinders were finger painting ( this is funny rather than awful) a
child tripped and caught herself by leaning against the superintendent
...at crotch level on his three piece suit. Two perfect little hand
prints.. The man was a rare administrator.. He laughed and quietly left to
go home and change. 1979

We still... have those moments... My newest one... When the electricity
goes out. NEVER give out exacto knives to kids to sharpen their pencils I
only had an electric pencil sharpener at the time, and we were just
switching to new ebonys. they went sharpened ( October 2003... 2 hour
outage in huge rain storm) WHAT WAS I THINKING? These were art 1
students and 13 boys to boot.... I am still finding the shards of pencils
hidden in the corners.

Any one else want to share a most forgettable moment? ... Randy in icy
rainy Maine

---