Re: Grant ideas needed ASAP

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 18:45:53 PDT

Linda- that is unbelievable! You really need to find something incredible since that's the case. I'm coming from a world where I'm slicing up rolls of paper from a print shop................I'd never see something just for me! lol. jancy

lindwood@webtv.net wrote:Believe it or not, this family has stipulated that the grant can be JUST
FOR THE TEACHER...a dream they have had, etc. This is a private school,
these people are very supportive of teachers and just want to reward
them. No kidding. Anyone who wants can write a proposal and a
committee will select a few each summer. I could spend a few weeks
photographing something that really interests me, as I teach
photography. I also teach metalsmithing. I could study with some
really awesome metals instructor or artist. I could spend a few weeks
working in ceramics in a great location. I don't have to take kids, and
they say that I don't even have to teach directly from what I do. I
started looking on line today. There are workshops for summer listed all
over Europe. I could take a graduate course in photography or ceramics
somewhere.

Linda Woods,
Visit our Students' Art Gallery at St. John's School: www.sjs.org,
click on Fine Arts, Click on Lower and 6th Grade Art Gallery.