sometimes I am dumb

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 17:08:10 PDT

First my deepest apologies for presenting something that appeared
accusatory.
I can't excuse myself for forgetting a very important qualifying remark.

I was thinking about a very personal situation
and some observations I've been making about all kinds of new teachers (not
particularly art teachers)around me. I was trying not to get too specific
with what is the personal situation and I forgot a very important opening
statement

What I should have started with was:
A little plaster is not a big deal as compared to what I'm seeing as to
teacher prep.
I am observing and experiencing a nonchalant attitude among a few new
teachers this year( in my district ) that preparation can be taken for
granted. They just don't seem to "get it" and somehow think somebody else is
going to fix the problems.
I see good teachers struggle all the time with somehow someway fixing
things gone bad without the kids even knowing things have gone bad. I think
art teachers do this all the time.

I did write that someplace else and forgot to paste it into what I wrote to
the list. I usually never send without proof reading but last night I did
and then off to bed. I'm going to blame lack of sleep on my ineptness. (I
was operating on 3 hours sleep yesterday and not much more today)But that's
not an excuse. I'm in the middle of a bad teaching situation and I was
actually looking for some feedback on how to impress to new teachers how
important preparation is.
Obviously I didn't prepare my note very well and it came across as looking
like I was criticizing Krista. That was not my intent at all, but my damage
is done.
What goes around comes around. I'm often the first to tell someone about
inconsideration and now it's come back to me.
I admit when I'm an idiot. There is at least one person on this list that
knows what I was talking about but the rest of you don't and please
accept my apologies
Anyone who reads what I usually write knows that I'm all for experimenting
and problem solving.
I'm going to shut up for a long time.
Patty

---