Re: Need help tonight! ( Plaster mask problems)

---------

From: Marcia Lavery (miss_lavery_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 17:29:36 PDT

Here's a thought... I made plaster masks using the face molds for the first time also this year. (I had made them on faces many times before).. I tested it out once first and it worked nice. Then, most of the kids' masks came out good, but a few had the same problems she mentioned. I didn't realize this might happen ahead of time either, because I pushed the plaster in mine down hard. I didn't foresee that some students might not press their's into the face mold as firmly as I did. What we did, was put some more wet plaster strips down, and press the mask really hard into the mold, let it dry and the new plaster stuck to the old and it turned out pretty good (not perfectly smooth, but good enough.)