RE: web page guidelines for teachers-do you have them??

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 14:39:40 PDT

The tech gal should be able to explain to you in easily understood language...just say "I want to make a web page, take me through it step by step. Or..if you have any computer savvy kidlets..might not be a bad idea. Just change the password once the page is created. There are also free websites out there..annoying pop ups on them, true, but they have templates for you to use to create them step by step. Trouble with the free ones is the amount of storage space,so i am thinking they would be hard to show say an entire schools artwork?
Also,in our district, the board offers after school and Sat workshops on how to use all kinds of technology...maybe there is something similar in your district or in a nearby one?
good luck in your endeavors!
~Samantha

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:
Actually, Jeryl, What you're being asked to do is good - I've been asked to create my page, but when I ask for suggestions and guidelines, I can't speak the computer language well enough to get the tech gal to answer my questions. So, my web page has yet to be created.

Perhaps basic layout guidelines, what's good and why. You could get really fancy with step by step instructions to creating a nice web page (then please - o - please share it with me!)

Jan