Plaster mask problem

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 13:52:45 PDT

    I just did plaster cast mask with my 8th grade, I used the inside of
the mold. The students that had problem with the cast were the ones
that did not press the plaster craft down enough on to the mask.
    Oh, are you using plaster craft cloth or are you using plaster paris
that you are pouring? I am assuming the latter, so pay no attention to
this post if it is plaster paris that you poured. I have not done that
recently. I guess with that you probably need to tap the container a
little bit to jar air holes and be sure to have vaseline or some other
release inside the mold to stop air from being trapped between two surfaces.

    Well back to the plaster cast with plaster craft cloth, we painted
ours with acrylic and decorated with yarn, ribbon, buttons, beads and
glitter. Those that had rough spots on their mask, seem to get over the
problem, especially when the glitter came out.

    Well enough of my rambling. Hope their is something in my post that
helps.

Ellen Silverman
k-8 New Jersey

---