Re: Need help tonite! ( Plaster mask problems)

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 12:28:38 PDT

I often give lessons that I don't know the outcomes of---I think this is good
teaching--I tell the kids that we're all going to learn together and everyone
needs to share what works the best and the worst. I am most enthusiastic about
new projects and I'm always doing new things, so it isn't always possible to
know all the problems that will pop up. I think the kids really like that
enthusiasm and interest--I've never thought I was the king of the room and all
should bow before my superiority. I usually present myself as a bumbling human
who is very knowledgable by always finds out something new. That way kids are
happy to share their ideas. Sid

Patricia Knott wrote:

> I'm a bit perplexed and perhaps there is an offer as to my dismay
> but
> I wonder why any teacher of any subject would attempt to present a lesson on
> any subject or technique that he/she has not resolved before
> presenting??????

---