Plaster masks

---------

From: Krista Ranly (krista_art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 03:05:46 PDT

In my defense, there are three individuals on this listserve that helped me
along the way and provided me with advice on how to make the plaster masks.
Also, I made two completed masks - one on the inside of the mold and the
other on the outside of the mask, before doing this project with my
students. I have experimented with two types of paint, used two different
spray sealers, and printed up mask worksheets upon which each student was
required to draw and color their mask before designing their plaster one.
I have collaborated with the classroom teachers to tie the lesson into their
Native American unit.

I'd like to thank those of you who are open-minded and understand that
problems simply do arise. I refuse to avoid doing a project just because
there could be challenges along the way...I think that any art teacher who
sticks solely within their comfort zone is truly limiting the students'
opportunities, as well as their own growth as an art teacher.

Thanks to everyone who provided me with advice...it is so greatly
appreciated!
Krista in OH

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134

---