Need help tonite! ( Plaster mask problems)

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 19:04:05 PDT

I'm a bit perplexed and perhaps there is an offer as to my dismay
but
I wonder why any teacher of any subject would attempt to present a lesson on
any subject or technique that he/she has not resolved before
presenting??????

In the middle of a lesson is not the time to figure the problems.
I would never present something I am not confident in doing myself.

I am asking this in all honesty

Do you feel pressured to do things that you are not prepared to do?
Is your curriculum such that you are not prepared? Has your training not
prepared you?
I think the worst thing I envision is getting into a lesson that I am not
prepared to do

looking dumb to the kids is just dumb and little is accomplished

Teaching is hard TEACHING IS HARD
I know you all want to present as much as you can
but don't present what you have not seen through
our kids are so confused to begin with if we are confused what is the
lesson?

What we do is critical
even when it seems simple
Be careful with lessons and be sure to know you can fix the mistakes

getting into trouble in the middle of the lesson is what lesson plans are
for

think about jumping into something you are not prepared for
cause the kid will see all the fallacies

not thinking is what we blame kids for and what we expect of kids is
thinking
perhaps I'm an old fogie that believes I should be fully prepared for all
the possibilities.

Please tell me why you think you can attempt something you are not prepared
for?
Patty

---