Re: Curriculum Development Help

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 17:37:49 PDT

We started with the state and national standards and our district wide
goals. Next the other art teachers and I listed what we taught already as
far as the skills, historical information, and vocabulary. We tried to
distill everything to essential questions and skills. It was general so
that lessons could vary from teacher to teacher and year to year. We
matched what we felt was important with the standards, and added components
if there were standards we were missing. I remember using the Getty scope
and sequence to help with when things should be taught, I don't remember the
address. I can tell you the specific format if you are interested. Let me
know privately.

Leah