Re: Need help tonite! ( Plaster mask problems)

---------

From: sculpi (sculpi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 16:58:29 PDT

Hi Krista
I suspect the problem you are having is air bubbles mixed in with your
plaster. You need to mix it very slowly sprinkling a little powder into your
water at a time and slowly mixing with your hand (with a rubber club on it)
No rough stuff to introduce air. You need to keep gently stirring it from
the bottom until you get it to a thick cream consistency.
You can paint on a quick coat of plaster into your mould (with a release
agent on it if needed and then slowly pour the rest in. Once its in give the
mould a few firm taps and sit it hard down on the table or floor, before it
starts to harden........this releases air bubbles stuck in it.
Hope this helps

Leila

http://www.artists-in-residence.com/waywardwombat/

My Photo Album---