Where do lesson ideas come from? (long)

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 14:19:22 PDT

I really like the ideas I've read so far
and oh yes Bunki
> It's interesting to read how we each approach the subject from differnt
> viewpoints with the same goals in mind.
I'm so curious about where art is going and how to effectively use
technology to some end. I think we are just on the verge of the virtual
and I get so excited

I just read this from BBC News
Web venture to bring arts alive
A government-backed internet initiative to make the arts more accessible,
Culture Online, has been launched by Arts Minister Estelle Morris.
The venture, designed to for both adults and children, will sponsor 20 to 30
projects and will go live next year.
"We believe Culture Online has the potential to transform people's
experience of the arts," Ms Morris said. "These new projects are just the
beginning."
The first seven projects are:
The Dark - where people can join in a 3D experience in pitch darkness with a
website navigated only by sound.
Every Object Tells A Story - visitors can join an online community where
they can contribute their own stories and objects.
Plant Culture - a virtual collection inspired by south-east Asia, studying
food, superstition, religion, fashion and art.
Backstage - an insight into the theatrical creative process backed by the
National Theatre and major regional theatres.
Webplay - a project for primary school children allowing them to create,
produce and perform short plays.
Scoop - virtual newspapers from various historical periods where pupils can
try their hands at journalism and picture editing.
ArtisanCam - will pilot a series of virtual artists' residencies, linking
artists and crafts people in their studios with groups of school pupils.
The projects will be accessible via individual organisations' websites and
links to National Curriculum Online, run by the Department for Education and
Skills.

Culture Online also hopes to improve people's computer skills while engaging
them in the arts.

Other organisations involved include the Victoria and Albert Museum,
National Museums Liverpool and the Museum of London.
"I'm really excited about these first projects," said Culture Online
director John Drori.
"Culture Online is about integrating the virtual and online world with real
activities for real people."

The site is just getting started but I can't wait to see where it goes
http://www.cultureonline.gov.uk/
We have such a world of possibilities in front of us
possibilities to connect to everybody
gives me more and more reason to get out of the 500 year old Renaissance
mindset
...Every object tells a story
       now isn't that a great prompt for a lesson

Patty

---