Re: Grant ideas needed ASAP

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 07:54:53 PDT

Hello! I just wrote a grant for my sixth graders - for a tile mosaic in our courtyard. The program integrates science, social studies, and visual arts standards. Environmental ed, etc. Our city is called the "City of Trees", so it fits as a community connection. It will be 4 X 6' so that each year we can add on to it by the incoming sixth graders to our middle school. Give them some ownership and investment in the school. I haven't been notified yet whether it was awarded or not. :)
Jancy

Jane Altshuler <Jane_Altshuler@bullis.org> wrote:
Hey, my smart friends,

Our parent's association is offering grants of up to $1500 to teachers in
our school. I think I have a good chance of getting one, but all my great
ideas have floated out of my head. I teach grades 3, 4, 5 and AP Studio.
Can you think of a good idea for me to propose? They don't want to give
the money for speakers or onetime programs, but something that we can do
year after year.

What do you think? jane