Re: value study

---------

From: Betsy Heeney (bheeney_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 07:02:25 PDT

Andy - thanks for the web site. I love the textured head lesson. Did they work from digital pictures?
Betsy in PA
On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 05:20PM, Andy DiConti <ADiConti@lcusd.net> wrote:

><<Original Attached>>

this project is a precursor to a painting project involving color theory and schemes. my students had to create a value study first, (graded separately)...the photoshop filter (posterize) really separates those values nicely. great lesson to help kids who might lack confidence in their abilities to shade. technically, it isn't really shading, as i tell them, but as they find that full range of values, it's easier for them to "fill in the gaps", visually speaking.

thanks for looking.

Sincerely

Andy DiConti
La Canada HS 7/8 Art Teacher