prompts

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 18:39:30 PDT

I search and scour newspapers and magazines for words and phrases that
inspire themes/ideas for my kids to visually respond to

this I got from Education World
> Go to
> http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/writing_bug/archives/index.shtml and
> find all kinds of idea of writing prompts.  You will find things like:
>
> "A STRANGE THING - What if you woke up to discover that you had been turned
> into a *thing* for one day? What thing were you turned into? The thing must
> be an inanimate object -- something that does not move. Describe what your
> day was like as that thing."

I'm finding lots of ideas to add to my list of "prompts " for sketchbook
ideas

I certainly appreciate ALL of the lesson ideas that come across this list
but I sometimes have a difficult time with lessons that have been around
and come around
I think our job as models of artists is to find the ideas that have not
been around

how do you find ideas for inspiring new lessons?

Patty

---