Elementary Self Portraits - new ideas!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 11:43:14 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have added some more ideas on the Elementary Self
Portrait page -- more to come....
From Jan Hillmer - AWESOME Frida Kahlo "Retablo" and
3rd grade Lichtenstein....From Jeryl Hollingsworth -
Looking in the Mirror/digital image:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/selfport.htm
 This is linked from Elementary Lesson Plans.

A links page and ideas for Frida Kahlo is in the works
- but I just wanted to get these out to you ASAP. I am
looking for the origin of the face in the mirror
lesson (Michal - Jeryl got it from an ArtsEdNetter,
too).

If you have self portrait -- or portrait idea to share
- send my way (Jdecker@woh.rr.com). I'll keep adding
on. This is a page where new ideas will be added at
the top. Portraits is often a search on IAD.

Andy - if you are reading- I may grab a Marilyn for a
middle school portrait ideas page. Thanks for sharing!
The students did a fantastic job (I remember that
photo).

Enjoy!

Judith

=====