Embossed art paper on the slab roller.

---------

From: Patricia Larsen (two_larsens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 08:58:53 PDT

Paper embossing on the slab roller.

Hi all, usually a lurker. I have done some paper
embossing using my slab roller. I use good quality
watercolor paper that is soaked in fab softer and then
ran through the press over plates that the kids make
that are cardboard, and matboard layered cutouts that
I first coat in Gesso. Any one else participate in
this insanity;)? I pad up the slab roller so its TIGHT
like a printing press.
 I just wondered if a stiffener in the paper would
work better than softener/ OR I am sure pulp paper
stuff (handmade- but I am not sure if i want to go
there) might work better. They look cool when they
come out, but often loose shape when they dry.
They can then be hand colored or folded into note
cards.

pat