RE: colonial american weaving

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 17:03:06 PDT

Easiest loom is the straw loom..at least for younger kids and it has it's roots in all kinds of cultures... it's for a belt and is similar i think to a Peruvian backstrap like loom ..i think?
anyhow..here is site on it..
http://www.museumeducation.org/pdf/Weaving/PROJECTS.PDF
might not be authentic colonial america...but it is an easy start
~Samantha :)

--- "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:
WOW, Judy, THanks!

I couldn't remember about the harness looms, 'cuase, in part, I was imagining very early colonists and thinking through peg loom options (nails on the wall?) THere may be a table top loom somewhere in my storeroom, but no time right now to string it all up.

Thanks again for the Help!

Jan