Photoshop Lessons on IAD - includes assessment tool

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 15:01:34 PDT

Dear High School Teachers (middle school too)

Assessment in Photoshop has come up on the Getty list.
Donna Pauler - from Austin Community College - has
submitted four exercises for you to try. I have them
linked from High School Lesson Plans:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Donna-PS.htm

They are not step by step assignments - but rather
ideas to enforce/practice learned skills after
completing the tutorials. Included are:

Lesson #1: Crazy Crosslinks Using Sections and
Layers

Lesson #2: Visual Puns Using Masks and Pen - Plus
List of links (from an old Getty thread)

Lesson #3: Allegory - Using Brushes, Selected Filters
and Blending Modes

Lesson #4: Surrealism - Using Layer Masks, Clipping
Groups, Shapes, and Adjustment Layers

The list of Visual Puns links is from a Getty thread
from quite some time ago. Most of the art sites were
now off line. I did try to find a couple more.

Art and Technology section coming soon to make these
easier to find. I have a couple more technolgoy
lessons to share.

If anyone uses these lessons - send an image or two
with how you adapted the lesson to Incredible Art
Department (Jdecker@woh.rr.com). One of the goals for
the site is to show how lessons are being used.

Thank you Donna for these great ideas! They might
inspire some low tech projects too (collage
assignments)

Enjoy!

Judith

=====