Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: colonial american weaving -Smithsonian

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 11:18:35 PDT

Good idea Ann,

Here is an online presentation - more in history of
industrializatin of cloth-- but it does have a
Shows some on the key "inventions" along the way.
Check the timeline in colors too for dyeing.

I do have this link on my Textiles page.

Not related to your topic -- I am just listing this
for anyone interested - Native Quilting Traditions:

I couldn't find any weaving looms by searching the
site...maybe do some hunting around.

--- Ann Heineman <> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
> Try the Smithsonian for info on this. There
> is a museum around the
> Mall (D.C.) somewhere dedicated to industry and
> commerce that has samples
> of looms.
> Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
> Art teacher, K-5, retired