Joe Cox - Egypt /Wendy -Crayon project

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 11:05:49 PDT

Sorry to post to the list -- but this is quicker than
finding Joe's and Wendy's email addresses right now.

Joe - You will want to look at the Sackville site --
it has the kind of lessons you were looking for
earlier this year - Middle School themes - done on a
high school level. See Egyptian Language Project:
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/grade10/egypt.html
Fun way to approach Perspective Drawing - Imaginary
Machines:
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/grade10/machine.html

Some interesting mythical creatures, too (sculptures).

Wendy - this Surreal lesson is easily doable in crayon
- you might like the Construction Paper crayons for
this.
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/grade11/indexpencil.htm
I saved the fish looking out the window for me.

Anyone else reading may want to look at Cristyn
Blakeney's books:
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/grade12/cristyn_index.html

Great Lesson on Personal Identity! Paper Doll Diaries:
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/grade12/identity/dolls.html
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/grade12/dolls.html

The site says the older art will be phased out.
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/index.html
 That is where I found all of these.

Lots to explore on this site.

Judith