Re: Curriculum Development Help-Lauren

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 09:54:45 PDT

Lauren,

In addition to what has been sent - on and off list
list - consider the focus of your program. Are you
going to be interdisciplanary? Will your emphasis be
to bring in math - science - social studies? Will you
be using art to help teach history? Will you be
pushing towards art across the curriculum?

You don't want to be limiting by including that this
or that artist or art style much be covered - this
project or that project. Try to avoid being too
specific. I can send you the list of artists and
cultures that many list members have recommended (but
again, don't be too specific on which ones to include
- you want to remain flexible).

Here is a list of Interdisciplinary Themes that Patty
Knott submitted:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/themes.htm
You might want to save them.

Judith

--- vranck0602@aol.com wrote:
> Lauren,
> I don't know about your state, but this is the age
> of standards and that is where you start. The
> standards don't tell you what to teach but they give
> the goals you are trying to reach. It's not as
> restrictive as it seems.
> Vicki

=====
Judith Decker