Re: Curriculum Development Help

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 03:40:20 PDT

Dear Lauren
Those are good sites to look at indeed. The main thing I think is to develop one that adhers to National Standards. So my suggestion would be to focus on those...found at artsedge too

http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/professional_resources/standards/natstandards/index.html

I know our state and local standards and benchmarks are derived almost exactly from the National ones.
Think of it as simply making a list of what all students should know by the time they graduate and then break it down from there..what is step one ...step two..etc..that will take them to mastery of the skills and knowledge that *all* students should know about art...and of course developing a curriculum for students who wish to pursue a more arts oriented education too...like an honors course for the arts.
wishing you much luck! Holler offlist if i can be of further assitance.
Happy Monday all
~Samantha

--- "" <lava5000@excite.com> wrote:

Here are some sites that I found on my search.

http://www.state.ct.us/sde/dtl/curriculum/currart_gdusaltr.htm

http://artswork.asu.edu/arts/teachers/curriculum/visarts2.htm

http://www.artsed411.org/resources/guides.stm

http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/artsed/artsmain.html