Re: high school essay length?

---------

From: j&f grochowski (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 20:29:59 PDT

Hi,
    Here's a suggestion for what it's worth.
    I have been having my students do this for a while & each year I've
tried to revise it, because it just seemed 'off'. This year I was discussing
it with my daughter (a high school senior) and she suggested I have students
prepare a one page fact sheet (bulleted points) about the individual,
photocopy each for every student in the class, and then prepare a simple
comprehensive quiz (one question per artist). I also had them bring in 2
images of the person, design a name sign & these are hanging in my
classroom. I will have them make brief presentations (even if they read form
their handouts) and later, we'll do the quiz. I still expect a citiation
sheet, but this has made my life so much easier & they will have a small
collection of fact sheets about artists!
Jude

> i'm teaching a class of 11th and 12th graders and would like them to
> research an artist and write a short essay about the person and her/his
> work...
>
> how many words should a high school essay be?

---