Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: storyboarding - Mike - Gary

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 16:56:57 PDT

Well Gary - The "Raining Cats and Dogs" threw me - I
didn't recognize that as you right away.

Mike - Gary has an excellent Web site that he uses
with his students:
Take a look - it might help you structure your class.

Harold has already posted his Digital Video
And Digital Video Porjects:
This link will break -- but all are linked on
Incredible Art Department from:
Click on Teachnology at the top. If anyone else has
Video Production Lessons online - please post. I would
like to add them.

Several list members had posted a site they use for
Clay Animation Storyboards. This is the site -- I
haven't had time to find the storyboard downloads:

I posted this Prismacolor lesson plan the other day:

Here are some Tips I found:
Storyboard Tips (I copied from a site - this is all
that was useful to you):

Storyboard illustrations should be very simple, they
can even be sketches
Storyboards should outline a 30 second public service
announcement (PSA)

Consider that each drawing in the storyboard will be
on the screen for 4 to 5 seconds -- this will limit
the number of drawings to 4 (You will probably want
more images from your students?)
Think about camera angle as you make the sketches for
your storyboard
To create your storyboard sketches, put yourself in
the position of the camera what does the camera see?

Storyboards can be drawn on paper, poster board or be
computer generated

Here are some words you can "borrow" -- adapt (this is
a lesson for college students):

If you want a ready made handout - try entering
Storyboard handout in Google.

--- Raining-Cats-and-Dogs <>
> I do a lesson on storyboarding for high school, as I
> teach video
> production, which I just happen to be doing this
> week.
> A few things....

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department